At the present time, the UK Government requires people arriving to the UK from certain countries to quarantine for 14 days.
Guidance on this matter is changing fast, and while we will endeavour to keep these pages as up-to-date as possible, we do ask families to check regularly with the Foreign & Commonwealth Office for the very latest advice.
The College has been in regular contact with parents of current international pupils to make arrangements, if and when necessary, to provide international pupils with the opportunity to quarantine at the College from 16-30 August.
As previously communicated to parents, this service will be offered on an ‘at-cost’ basis, to cover expenses relating to staffing, catering and cleaning. If the requirement for quarantine is lifted, we will not offer this service.
Procedure for Pupils Arriving From Overseas
To ensure the safety of all within the College, we are operating a strict return to school procedure as follow:
- Pupils arriving in the UK will be required to take a test no more than 48 hours before their flight to the UK. If the test is positive for Covid-19, pupils should remain in their home country until the appropriate isolation period has expired.
- For those pupils returning to school on their own for the start of term, on arrival in the UK, pupils must take approved transport to Epsom College. This should be by taxi with one of the College’s approved companies (listed below). Social distancing will be strictly adhered to with these transport operators and masks should be worn.
- On arrival at the College, all pupils will be required to produce proof of a negative test.
Approved Taxi Companies
The following taxi companies have met the College’s safeguarding children and safer recruitment in education procedures for pupils:
- Club Class Car Service (pre-booked journeys)
0203 4111 7172 or 07889 630555
- Dynamic Cars
- Epsom and Ewell Cars (Clocktower)
01372 747 747