Scholarships and Exhibitions are awarded to pupils who excel academically. They are prestigious, and our scholars go on to contribute much to the life of Epsom College. Pupils are awarded at each entry point to the College – 11+, 13+ and 16+ – with awards ranging in value from £750 to £6,000 per year.
What’s Involved in Being a Scholar?
A pupil’s award lasts throughout their time at the College, subject to certain standards and expectations being met. Scholars must review their performance twice a year, and explain in writing how they remain a worthy recipient of their award. All Scholars are expected to:
- Display an outstanding attitude to learning
- Attain a high average for ‘effort’ in class and prep
- Display leadership and appropriate risk-taking in their chosen area
- Make a positive contribution to the co-curricular life of the College
- Be prepared to ‘fail well’ in the pursuit of excellence and self-improvement.
Any pupil who misses out on securing a scholarship is able to reapply at the next entry point. Therefore an unsuccessful candidate at Year 7, is encouraged to try again at Year 9 or Year 12. At every stage we wish to reward the talents of all pupils and celebrate their progress. Previous record is no impediment.