The wide-range of opportunities available to our music scholars helps them to secure places at top conservatoires and in national ensembles, and go on to read Music at university. We offer scholarships at all entry points, welcoming applications at 11+, 13+ and 16+.
Expectations of a Music Scholar
Award holders are expected to:
- Participate fully in musical ensembles or choirs as directed by the Director of Music
- Make consistent progress in their instrumental or vocal studies through regular lessons and practice
- Perform in the annual Scholars’ Concert and other concerts
- Be an ambassador for music within the school
- Regularly attend musical events in school
- Study Music at least to GCSE level
In addition to the financial aspect of the award, Music Scholars will receive tuition, free of charge, on one or two instruments.