Fourteen pupils have been appointed as College Prefects for 2019/20, following an application and interview process. These students are now fulfilling their roles and carrying out duties within their houses and around the school, led by the Head of School for Michaelmas Term, Elisabeth Phizackerley (Cr).
Alongside their individual house roles, prefects’ school-wide responsibilities include:
- two weekly meetings with the Headmaster or Second Master
- marshalling at school assemblies and in Chapel
- ensuring that pupils are well-behaved in the Dining Hall
- encouraging pupils to keep the grounds clean and tidy
- maintaining standards of pupils’ dress and appearance.
In addition to helping with the day-to-day running of their House and the School, prefects play an important part in creating the right atmosphere around the school, in which all pupils can thrive and make the most of their time at Epsom.
We wish them luck in their new roles.