In PSD presentations to different year groups the focus has been life after lockdown, to help ease our return to College life. Four themes have emerged: self-belief, hope, gratitude and re-establishing a feeling of connectedness, which the pupils have truly loved.
The Lower School enjoyed an assembly on mindfulness en masse in Big School on Monday – a great way to start the week. We have also been reflecting on hope, as it correlates with psychological wellbeing and coping in the face of adversity.
The College counsellor and I have been running drop-in lunchtime sessions for all pupils in year group bubbles (see attachment for themes) Luna joined in so I can send you a photo if needed
The College Counsellor, Ms Alice Allen, and Assistant Head: Pupil Welfare, Mrs Helen Keevil, hosted drop-in sessions during lunchtimes for any pupils wishing to learn a bit more about how they are feeling. The topics were as follows:
- Lower School – dealing with transition and the new normal
- Middle Fourth – settling in & establishing and re-establishing friendships
- Upper Fourth – looking after the younger years whilst socially distancing
- Fifth Form – exam anxiety
- Lower Sixth – starting new courses and including everyone
- Upper Sixth – being role models and exam anxiety